Personal Planning Ideas
Be Ready for Stormy Weather
Hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fires, mudslides — Americans have endured these and other natural disasters over the past year . . . more
It’s Gift Tax Time, Too
Most Americans know April 15 (April 16 this year) is the deadline for filing income tax returns, but did you know it’s also the last day for filing gift tax returns for gifts made in 2017? . . . more
Counting on Retirement
The internet offers dozens — maybe even hundreds — of retirement calculators that purport to tell you how much income you’ll need when you retirement . . . more
January 2017 Archive
• The Incredible Shrinking Estate Tax
• Standard Deductions Take Giant Leap
• Think Twice Before . . .
• Start 2018 on the Right Foot
December 2017 Archive
• Everyone Still Needs Estate Planning
• Too Young for Estate Planning?
• Extraordinary Ideas for Estate Gifts
• IRS Announces Cost-of-Living Adjustments for 2018
November 2017 Archive
• Clock Is Ticking
• The Importance of Health Care Directives
• Two Year–End Gifts to Consider
• The Uncertainty of Estate Taxes
October 2017 Archive
• Being Prepared Means More than Just Batteries and Water
• Retiring in 2018? Take These Steps First
• Beneficiary Designations and Joint Property
• A Deduction for Doing Nothing
September 2017 Archive
• Don't Shortchange the IRS
• Special Planning for Special Needs
• Whose Property Is It? Only Title Will Tell
• A Place for Bonds in Your Portfolio
August 2017 Archive
• Practical Uses for Irrevocable Trusts
• Home Sweet Home: Where’s Yours?
• What a Problem to Have!
• The Best Things in Life Are “Free”
Copyright © by R&R Newkirk. All rights reserved.